Carbon. Climate. Change.
Reforestation can tackle many of the world’s most pressing issues, including climate change, poverty, biodiversity, resiliency and more. Deforestation is still taking its toll on the last forests of the world, but we can turn the tide.
We have approved plans to plant more than 110 million new trees on millions of hectares in Tanzania and Kenya alone. We’re developing more forestry and agroforestry projects around the world, which will:
- Absorb carbon dioxide to battle climate change;
- Defend ecosystems and biodiversity;
- Preserve local lifestyles and cultures, while promoting sustainability; and
- Preserve and create habitat for wildlife;
- Preserve watersheds and control flooding;