Forest Conservation. Reforestation. Urban Forestry.
We will conserve and reforest millions of acres of forests in East Africa. It’s already one of the largest carbon capture opportunities available on the planet today, but we’re still accepting applications for new projects around the world to help us all defend critical ecosystems.
We’re eager to match cities, land owners, allies, sponsors and investors around critical land-use projects that can help us all fight climate change, while defending entire ecosystems and creating jobs and economic opportunities for local communities.
Project Profile and Application
- What problem do you hope to solve?
- What type of work do you propose to solve that problem?
- Where will you do this work and who owns the land?
- Who will be involved?
- Who will benefit from the project and how?
- How much it will cost?
- How long it will take?
- What is the anticipated outcome?
- Why are you qualified to develop this project?
- Describe the organization(s) that will supervise this project. Is it an NGO, nonprofit?
What We Support:
- Urban Forestry Projects. We are emphasizing “synergy” sites that can reduce the energy demands around buildings and homes in warmer climates, such as Bangkok, Phoenix, Tucson, Albuquerque, Dallas, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Mumbai, Dehli, Darwin, Johannesburg, Jakarta, and beyond. Such tree placements can block the sun and wind in efforts to lower energy demands and the carbon footprint of these structures. Urban trees also can help clean the air, generate oxygen and lower overall city temperatures. Of course, urban forests add to the carbon sink and our planet’s ability to absorb carbon dioxide.
- Agro-Forestry. As a bonus, urban and rural sites can serve the triple role of carbon absorption, energy minimization and food production. We will include agriculture projects in the shade at the base of these trees, which will add to the carbon sink and help reduce food transportation costs locally.
- Reforestation. We will emphasize tropical and sub-tropical zones, but pursue opportunities in all regions.
- Forest Conservation and Avoided Deforestation. We will help governments and landowners capitalize on forest conservation opportunities.
- Sustainable Agriculture.
- Watershed Restoration.
- Wildlife Conservation.
- Solar power.